Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Evolution of My Style


Before I get started let me just say I'm mortified to show you guys these pictures but realizing we all

have to grow into our own. This post is mainly about how much I've grown into my fashion sense.

Let the embarrasment

begin! Where do I start with the big ass hat or

outfit it's self. Why didn't nobody tell me

was not OK! lol That short hair does not mix

with that hat . Well in my eyes it doesn't.

Then that god awful top and skirt. I'm so

disgusted lol . Look at my shoes (tyrna be

cute). My ankles do not look good in these heels

they were cute shoes


but no mam those do not work with

that!. The right picture is a major

throwback before the hair cut ,

before the baby , everything.

One I had on tank top with a tub

top. Mainly because at the time I

wasn't comfortable with having

my back out. Then I had on some

Bermuda cut off shorts lol smh.
















Last picture was my

19th birthday when I

was just getting into

makeup . Eyebrows not

done no foundation,

lipstick or nada. I will

never be caught

dressed up without

my face done now.

Now I do go out

without makeup when

I'm just running errands.

Lets start with that god

forsaken ugly off the

shoulder shirt ughh. On

top of that it has sexy

written on it. Why just why ! Then I had the nerve to put double hoops in my ears. I was just screaming for help.

I'm just happy I stepped out my comfort zone, became more confident in my style.Below are just a

few pictures of my recent outfits. The one in the orange cami and harem pants is what really put my

confidence back on the map. I think this outfit really took my style back to the top. I had so many

compliments on this outfit . I think the biggest thing for me was money. I'm a single mother I didn't

work, so I couldn't always get the latest things, or buy new things all the time. With that being said

I found a way around it. PLATO'S! I first discovered Plato's by my aunt one weekend I stayed over

and didn't have any extra clothes to go to school so we went to platos. In all honesty I was a spoiled

child , my grandmother would buy me all kinds of clothes and shoes. So used clothes were never

appeasing to me. I was just to big headed to "thrift shop". But we walked in Plato's and I feel in love.

So I've been on the Plato's bandwagon for about maybe four years now. I'm a bargainista I live for

thrifting, there's so many things you can take and make several outfits out of. Anyway I'm rambling

but that's how this outfit came about.
This is just a collage of recent outfits. As you can see I'm versatile. I hate just having one style to

define. I want to be that person where the critics have no clue how to describe me. I feel once your

style is defined you become predictable. People know what to expect from you. With me you never

know. Although I lean a lot towards tomboy, I'm just a lot comfortable that way. But I like getting

cute and being girly as well. My sister always tell me I'm so colorful and that she wishes she could

pull off my style. But she could if she was to ever step out her comfort zone of your everyday

neutrals. Not gone lie to I dressed in all black one day and it just made me feel more professional,

although I had my pop of color.



































The purpose of this post was really for me to see how much I've grown. I love the person I'm

becoming. It's not what about other people think of you it's what you think and accept about yourself.

Confidence comes from within. Take risks and forget the haters. I get stared at all the time and it

makes me feel good. Where I'm from everyone looks the same and sometimes I see a few rocking a

few of my looks, but that's inspiration. I never try to be a follower I aim for leadership.  Own your

style, WERK GIRL!

We all have to grow and in a few years when I'm a little older and my style has changed again I'll

look back at the recent pics and think the same thing I thought of the throwback pics. Life is about

growing. As you grow your style is forever changing.

No comments: