Wednesday, February 19, 2014

TIps For Shopping WIth Young Children



This post is influenced on some personal experiences, along with trial and error. If you don't know I

I have a three year old son, and he's all boy. When I say all boy I mean no patience, always climbing

on things, always running etc.. I honest to God hated shopping with him but how's a kid

suppose to know how to behave in public if you never take them out. I would come home infuriated

with a banging headache because by the end of the shopping trip he's done everything he possibly can

to aggravate me. Being that he's my first child and I'm a young mother I have more patience for him.

Lol my son is just a wild child, and I let him be a boy. I refuse to continuously yell at him or give a

spanking in public. But don't get it twisted when he most absolutely deserves it he gets disciplined.

Lately now that we go shopping he really has no patience. Soon as we walk in a store its "Ma I wanna

go outside" lol. But I'm rambling on so let's get to the tips.

1. Always always make sure they use the bathroom before you go out. And if they're just learning

how to go to the potty have a spare change of clothes. This to was a trial and error situation. My

grandmother would tell me all the time to make sure he had a change a clothes. And that moment I

would forget there goes an accident!

2. Pack a snack bag and kid size bottle of their favorite beverage. This keeps them occupied while

you're shopping, and depending on where you're at please watch their little grabby hands. Because if

you're in a clothing store the last thing you want to to do is pay for something your child destroyed

with a stain.

3. Let the child interact with the shopping. I always let J pay and put things on the counter. It also

teaches them that nothing is free. Only thing I don't do is let him swipe my card and press any

buttons. Maybe once he's a little older then we can move to that stage. Also if you're paying with cash

and get any change back that's a dollar give it to the child. You can spare it stop being selfish lol.Tell

the child that they can buy anything they want that's a dollar. I gave my son a dollar and that just

made his day. He walked in the shoe store in hopes of buying some shoes, he held the dollar out to

the sales lady, it was so cute.  He ended buying a soda with ( this was the only time I let him have

soda) . So let them interact whether its shopping for groceries or clothes. Have  them put things on

the counter and maybe even carry the bags if they want. This prevents them from being bored.

4. Now I don't use a stroller, or those back packs with the leashes, that's just something I do not care

for. Always make sure to hold your child's hand and if be said you let them wonder around make

sure they're in your sight. Nothing fears a parent more than losing a child due to an abduction.

However if the child turns up and just happened to be somewhere in the store explain to them why

it's important to stay with you. If you can restrain from a spanking because let's be honest they're

just kids and what to kids like to do ,explore!

These are just some things I practice. I would like to know if you have any tips of your own.  The big

thing to me is interaction. The more they get to interact the less of a headache the shopping trip will

be. All these drift from them having tantrums in the middle of the store and everyone's looking at

you and your child. We've all been there and we've all been the people who's looking. It's quite

embarrassing when it's your child. Also pack a light snack for yourself as well a water bottle. Keeps

your energy up with you child. Don't forget to pack wipes! This is something I have yet to do myself.

Wipes come quite in handy, remember  that snack in tip 1 , depending on the snack you will have to

clean you kid's hands.

If you enjoyed this post let me know in a comment below, also leave your tips.

There will be a post on dealing with screaming children while shopping next. As well as grocery

shopping with your kids.


xoxo

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11806781/?claim=pvcng37se6w">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments: